Monday, October 5, 2009

Blog 9 - Reflection of Essay 1

I think I had a good idea and experience to write about in my essay. I was able to get across what I wanted to say and add the main idea frequently in the essay.

I would definitely like to change the title of my essay. I was having trouble with finding a title and the one I have does not describe the meaning I am trying to convey. I want to think of something that is more eye-popping, interesting, something that will make the reader want to read my essay.

I am happy with the way I began my essay. For some reason, it was the easiest part for me and I think I was able to catch people's attention and create an interesting image.

I might want to add some more dialogue to my essay, but I am not sure where I would add it. If possible, I would like to give more detail about the specific idea I am trying to discuss through my story or do it in a more unique way rather than saying it flat out.

I hope for my next essay that I will be able to enhance my idea and my story, possibly make it longer, and find ways to relate my idea even more to the readers. I want to get them thinking. I want them to feel something when they read it.

After receiving feedback from classmates and after the conference, I will have a better understanding of what I should improve on to make my essay stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment