Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blog 12 - Narrative on chosen revised essay

I am not really sure which essay I'm going to revise yet. I was thinking about revising the second essay because it is something that I probably would want to be published, but my decision could completely change so I'm not sure. After my conference I will make my final decision and post it here.

After having my conference, I decided that I am going to revise essay 2. I think this essay about my decision to be a special education teacher will help me grow as a writer, as well as a teacher. It will continue to help me figure out who I am and why I chose this.

I'm going to add more story based aspects to the essay instead of actually writing just like an essay. I need to go into detail about specific times, for example, the first day of my new job. I can describe everything that happened, what things looked like, how it smelled, and how I felt. I also want to reflect back a little more about when I was younger and things that may have affected my decision, i.e. babysitting.

I hope through my stories I will really be able to get across the point of how people find themselves and what they want to do with the rest of their lives. In a sense, we always know what we want to do because we are actually doing it, we just don't realize it or that it could be a career. A lot of things are hidden beneath the surface and we have to keep searching for the right thing until it matches what we've been wanting or been doing. And it is always okay to change your mind as long as your doing what makes you happy.

I seem to have a little difficulty with story telling instead of writing a plan essay, but I am going to work on my descriptions to create a more story like element.

No comments:

Post a Comment