Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Blog 21 - Essay to revise and writing prompt

I plan to revise essay 3, As the Seasons Change.

SPECIFIC FOCUS: How people's feelings/mood change throughout a year, specifically throughout the seasons. The changes that occur are in regards to events that happen, certain places, people, as well as how people feel during certain times of the year. Some may enjoy certain seasons/times because of specific things that occur in the year. I am doing this focus through descriptions of my car. I want to give the idea that things change throughout a year, but the same TYPE of things still continue to occur year after year. For example, every year there will still always be a winter, spring, summer, and fall. The holidays will be the same, but the things that may be different are the people or the certain relationships with people, maybe they are better, maybe they are worse. When you look back on the years, you realize that a lot has change, you have grown up, and may be somewhere totally different. For example, I used to be in high school and now I am almost graduating college. However, I still encounter the same things year after year. I go to school, my birthday occurs, as well as Christmas, New years, and Halloween, but in the long run things are different. As I stated before, throughout the year things change, such as the seasons, but the next year the same cycle will occur again. It's a theme of change throughout a cycle.

REVISIONS:
  • add specific people and events that occured in the seasons
  • discuss the places I've gone in relation to these certain events and people
  • use the seasons to represent a cycle that repeats, but is not EXACTLY the same
  • There may be different people/events/places, but there will always be people/events/places/seasons, just the specifics may/will change
  • explain why certain things are in my car during those seasons/how they got there, or why the mats in my car were unhappy. Who was stepping on them other than me?
  • Some people I can add are my friends, dog, mom, sister
  • Events I can add are my birthday, friends birthdays, mom birthday, Christmas, new years, first day of spring, first day going back to the pool/beach.
  • As far as the specific year, I was talking about this current year 2009 to now. I don't think i really want to make that clear or the main focus because it goes into the discussion of how the cycle will continue after the year has passed (life goes on) Discussing the specific year might reflect on how things are totally different
  • Things change in the long run, but the essence of "things" are the same
REVISION: REIMAGINING
CHARACTER AND CONFLICT P 87

after paragraphs discussing how my car looks/feelings about how my car looks, discuss in more detail the specific place I am going. why I want to go to that place/why I don't/how long will i stay there what will I do.

the sequence works well in this essay.

characters: there are no specific characters in this essay except myself. I need to add/discuss about other people that were in my life during those times. who was in my car? where were we going? was I happy to be going with them?

My essay so far seems unfinished. I think by adding these details, it will be a really good essay and I will be able to get my point through effectively and easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment