Important Places
1. Florida
2. Nana's house
3. New York
4. Yankee Stadium
5. The beach
6. Shiki
Unfortunately, I am not able to go to one of the places listed above, that are important to me. However, I am going to state why my chosen place is important to me and describe it.
New York City; the place where I saw my first Broadway play, my first Yankees game, my first ride on a horse carriage, my first concerts, the place where the twin towers once stood tall, gleaming in the sunlight. New York City has and always will be a very important place to me. As we all know, it is very close to Jersey, but yet somehow far away enough to feel like you're somewhere else. I saw my first Broadway play in New York, The Lion King, and continued to see The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Shrek, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas, which usually occurred on my birthdays. I saw almost all of my first concerts in New York, Mariah Carey, Backstreet Boys, and even the Spice Girls, yes the Spice Girls. I saw my first Yankees game there, my first home run, my first grand slam, and my first seem seeing some of the players in person.
I often go into the city with my mother, Nana, and sister. We enjoy walking around, shopping, weather it be cold, hot, or just perfect, it's always magical. Flashing lights, tall buildings, billboards, the smell of cigarettes in the cold air, crowded streets yet space as big as the world. The only thing that really comes to mind right now when trying to describe this is, "cornered jungle where dreams are made of", as stated in the Jay Z and Alicia Keys song. It really is a magical place.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment