Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blog 16 - pre-draft essay 3

1. My focus is going to be about how people's attitudes/feelings/moods change throughout a year. As the seasons change and different situations occur throughout a year, people feel different ways. People are required to go certain places and choose to go other places. There are birthdays, holidays, weather changes, school days, work days, vacations, and so much more. As they say, people change with the seasons. A lot can happen in a year and I believe we all tend to remember events and stages of our life by the years. There are people we hold close to us, friends that are lost, and friendships that are gained. I am going to write about my car, in order to develop this focus.

2. The descriptions/information I will present to develop my focus are:
* what my car looks like/does during different seasons
-heat/air condition, windows down/up, music, air fresheners, outside of my car, smells, cleanliness, people who are in my car

*places I have used my car to take me and during what times
-school, work, beach, pool, houses, restaraunts, movies, parties, park

*when I use my car for lesuire/requirments
-school, work, to get away, to come back home, to pick someone up

*how my car has been a help
-emergenies, get away,

*people who have been in my car

3. These descriptions show that:
*depending how my car looks, reflects the way I am feeling

*how my car looks during different seasons shows the way I feel about that season/time of the year

*how my car has helped in certain situations
-helping someone, needing to get away from a certain situation/time of year, needing to come back home, having to go to work/school

*people affecting my life
-reasons why they were there, what relevance they had in my life during that time

In general, I want to pick a specific year to discuss, which will allow me to recall specific events. The seasons of the year can divide my essay into sections and I believe I will really be able to give detailed descriptions about my car throughout those seasons in a way that will show my intended focus, people change with the seasons.

I also would like to reflect on what happens after the year has passed. Does the same thing happen all over again next year or is it totally different? Do the same events occur in the same way? Are the same people still in my life or have they gone away? I need to chose a very important year to me, which has to be after I got my car, obviously. Maybe it can be the first year I got my car or this current year.

4. My request for feedback
*Is this essay topic good/relevant to most people?
*Do I have a solid focus?
*Is my focus clear/easy to understand?
*Is this interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment