For essay four, I am going to write about chocolate chip mint icecream. It may seem strange, but this has a huge connection to my grandmother (nana). When I was younger, I would spend nights over at my nana's house and she would always have chocolate chip mint icecream with chocolate syrup on top for me to eat while watching tv right before bed. I guess in a way, I am going to be talking about two things, chocolate chip mint icecream and my grandmother. I want to talk about what choc. chip mint icecream looks like, tastes, and feels like. I never really ate choc chip mint icecream at my house, only at my grandmother's house. There are so many descriptions I can include in this essay, like my grandmother's house, my grandmother, specific rooms, the green room, which is the same color as choc chip mint icecream and was actually my room when I was living there for about a year. When I first came up with this idea, I thought it would be something, but interesting enough I am actually finding a lot of things I could actually write about in relation to such a simple thing, choc chip mint icecream. Who would have thought? I want this essay to be light hearted, just something fun and cute to read, but still being interesting.
Main Focus:
how a familiar place can feel like a second home or a get away place and how a certain thing (icecream) does this.
Some descriptions/details I want to include:
*childhood memories -a time when we at icecream together and watched tv (familiarity, safe place)
*specific shows/movies I watched with her (made it familiar, but different plots in the shows made it a new journey every time)
*the green room - my room when living there and when spending nights (resembles the color of the icream and was familiar by always eating it in this room and being my actual home for a while)
*other rooms in the house - colors
*not eating choc chip mint icecream at my house, only at her house (this made it special/different, sort of like a vacation/get away place)
*how always having it there gave comfort (familiar)
*texture - soft and warm with syrup on top
*feeling of being soft and warm
*reflections now - how it is when I go there now (do I still eat icecream over there, do we still talk about, do I think about my nana everytime I see choc chip mint icecream or eat it)
Some feedback I would like is:
Do you think this is a good essay topic?
Are you interested in reading why choc chip mint icecream is related to my grandmother?
Is my focus a solid idea?
Do you understand it?
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment